September 2016

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

This is a Test…

from Lexi Eddings

It is only a test. I’m trying out Open Live Writer, an offline blog editor. There are times when I travel that I don’t have internet access, but I’d still like to record my thoughts for later publication. So I’m giving this software a shot. The idea is to have things ready to go and then once I find an internet hotspot, the post will appear on my blog pretty much instantaneously.

It looks like I can schedule a post for a later, so I’m hoping this will pop up on the appointed day. Looks like I can’t specify a time for the post to fly over to my live blog. Guess we’ll see when it deigns to show up.

ActmyageI’m hoping I can format pictures here.

As nearly as I can tell, I was able to pick a size, and adjust the placement of this image.

We’ll see.  Trust, but verify is my motto when it comes to technology.

I also thought I’d try out different font sizes. This is Georgia 10.8, which I think will be a little small.

12 point is more readable. If this thing is WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) I’ll reset the default to 12.

So I’m cautiously optimistic that this will work. Boy, if anyone had told me a decade ago that I’d be as adventurous with technology as I’ve become, I’d have laughed myself silly. It’s been a steep learning curve for me, but I’m trying.

Sometimes, I’m very trying…but that’s another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment