September 2016

Friday, May 12, 2017

More Turtle Travel

from Lexi Eddings...

The camper weathered the recent flood unscathed!

Our neighbors weren't happy about us having it parked by our garage (even though it could not be seen from their property!) so, in the interest of peace, we rented a fenced, off site spot to park it. At the time, I stewed about the injustice of it. I loved having the camper close by so I could store a few things in it and use the fridge as an extra place to keep colas and bottled water.  But as it turned out, it was a blessing that the camper was someplace higher and drier when the flood waters came.

Which just goes to show that "all things do work together for good," even when we're sometimes sure they don't.  I'm feeling very blessed and very grateful.

So now we're planning our next little ziptrip! Next week, we're heading for Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art. It's the museum Walmart built near Bentonville, Arkansas. From the website, it looks like it's surrounded by a lovely forest and the Ozark hills. (The locals call them mountains, but I've lived near the Rockies, the Big Horns, the Wasatch and the Cascades. The bumps around here are hills.) We're looking forward to a quick getaway in our tiny house.

With any luck, I'll have typed THE END on my current Work-In-Progress by then and this can be a real vaca. I promise lots of pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment