September 2016

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Good Daddies

Today is Father's Day and I want to give a shout out to my Dad. He's been a rock of love and support all through my life and. true to his prediction, the older I get the smarter he gets. I'm so blessed to have him in my life. See you later today for a cookout, Dad!

But I'd also like to share a bit about the other father in my life, namely the father of my children. When our oldest daughter was not quite two, we were in the middle of one of our many moves and had gone out for a quick lunch as a break from packing. At the next table, a new baby was very unhappy and wouldn't stop crying. Finally, the child's young father picked him up and started walking around the restaurant with the wailing infant. The baby quieted quickly as he patted his back and spoke softly to him.

"Look at that good daddy right there," I said.

Our daughter shot me a look of indignation and pointed to my DH. "Good daddy right here!"

She was right. My DH is the best of fathers and I'm grateful for the love he shows our kids every day. Even though they're both grown now, they know the good daddy is still right here.



No comments:

Post a Comment