September 2016

Monday, October 3, 2016

Shake Off the Autumn Blues

Yes, the leaves are erupting in a final blaze of glory. Pumpkin Spice lattes are available in every coffee shop. The air is crisp and fresh as the last of summer's heat fades away.

And yet, fall makes me a little melancholy. It's like reaching the end of a favorite book. Yes, I'll find another one worth reading, but I hate saying goodbye to this one.

Ditto for summer.

So I thought I'd share a few things that help me shake off the autumn blues:

  • Visit a friend. I always feel better after I've spent some time with a buddy I can tell anything!
  • Try something new. The DH and I have joined the community choir for the first time in years. We're loving the music our director has chosen for the Christmas concert! 
  • Get some exercise. Whether it's a mile on the treadmill or walking the dogs, it always helps to move.
  • Make a big pot of chili and invite some friends over to help you eat it. If you need a recipe, check out Jake's Lazy Man Chili
  • Go to a high school football game! I hope your home team is doing better than the Fighting Marmots of Coldwater Cove. Even with 4 returning seniors, the coach isn't happy about their chances... 
How about you? What do you like to do to lift your spirits?

No comments:

Post a Comment